Monday, November 20, 2006

Smiles and more smiles






Some of you have said they are glad to finally see some smiles from Emma- she laughs a lot! Except when the camera is out. So I was determined to get a few good ones today- we went to the Children's Museum, and then met Dmitry for lunch, then back to the museum again. Dmitry took a very nice one of us.. except for the typical look on Emma's face due to the camera...

A few folks have asked how I'm doing with the change in lifestyle- I'm completely happy, as close to "living in the moment" as I'll likely ever be- no worries, just planning out a day ahead, and enjoying every minute. Not working is such a nice change... I'm really enjoying the break. I don't know if it has come out in this blog, but I have completely fallen in love this little girl, such a sweet, smart, funny, adventurous soul; I am sure I received the most perfect girl, for me, in all of China. And Emma has fallen in love with me too..

Lastly... the sleep saga update: For her nap, the next day, as I was carrying her down the hall to my bed, I said- it's time to go to bed.. she immediately started snoring (have I mentioned how much English she already understands/parrots?) Before her head even hit the bed, she was laughing and wriggling off... So I put her in her crib (first time using it). She didn't object, and talked for awhile to her menagerie of much-loved stuffed animals, before dropping off. She slept in her own bed in foster care, so this isn't new for her. So, we are using her crib, at least for now. Co-sleeping was about bonding, and the bond is pretty tight at this point.

No comments: