Wednesday, November 01, 2006

First outing, and ear infection



Hi folks-
As Alan relayed, Emma has an ear infection (actually two of them). Combined with grieving and all the other changes.. she's been a real trooper. We need to fly in another day and a half, so were so grateful to Joe Fowler, a physician and adopting dad, traveling with us- I had just started a general antibiotic I had brought with me (after a phone call with Emma's international med doc in Seattle), he came and examined her, confirmed the ear infections, and switch us to a more specific antibiotic- and left antibiotic for us. Such a blessing- both to know exactly the problem, and to be able to start fixing it.

I'm wondering if Emma is one of those that gets perky with Benedryl- either that, or the tylenol finally kicked in- she was running around the hotel room from 8 til 11, after a dose of Benedryl, perky and playing games. More glimpses of her personality- she just loves to giggle and sing.

I was so tired, forgot to finish the 'becoming a mom' train of thought from a prior post- The first morning after Gotcha, we needed to be in a meeting room here at 9am for paperwork with Chinese officials.. It was a pretty rough night for Emma, and in the rush to get out (doing everything, and I mean everything, with a baby held to my hip), we got down there. Only to realize I was barefoot.

Yesterday we got out for our first outing, to a local museum. Museum wasn't so interesting, but we created quite an attraction for the other chinese there, our guide had to shush them away. I attached a picture Michelle took. Terrie, thank you for the lovely sling- Emma hated the other one I brought, and snuggled into this one.. totally saved the day, I was getting really worried about my back holding out.

Tomorrow, more paperwork, and then likely a day to lay low with Emma. Michelle is going to take a 2 hr ride to Emma's finding place, maybe I can convince her to write a few words about the area around here.

Love the emails, even if I can't respond to all of them- I can't see the blogspot, or comments, from here.

No comments: