Saturday, November 04, 2006

On the fifth day

What a difference 5 days make- if was a bit of a rugged beginning for a new mom- a grieving 2yo that wanted only to be constantly held in my arms and walked, double ear infections, each of us talking in a different language. Now, on Friday, we're ordering room service and eating off the same plate (she's my salmon girl), I'm talking a mix of Chinese and English, she's happily on the floor playing with toys in the room, I'm getting all her meds in, we're all giggling and singing together.

Today was more paperwork- I've written my name, address, birthdate, and similarly for Li Dong, on countless forms. (I have been calling her Li Dong while in China, to minimize changes). More orphanage officials, speech, etc... and now she has a Chinese passport.

Tomorrow we fly to Guangzhou, we're ready to leave here- the hotel is a bit grimy and not so friendly for families. Its one saving grace (and a significant one, as it turned out) is decent, and decently priced, room service. Wondering how I can get that at home....

Michelle went on a half-day journey today, to take pictures of Emma's finding place. Hopefully I can get her to write a bit about the trip.

Sorry, no pics today- we've been mostly indoors, and the flash still startles her. Picture her comfortably deep squatting, asian-style, as she plays with toys.. I need to get a good one of that and post.

No comments: