Thursday, October 23, 2008

Scary fall


Emma took a bad fall from the play structure at her little preschool... climbing on the rounded outside of a tunnel, where it wasn't designed for kids to go... it was on the backside of the structure, out of direct view of the teacher. Needless to say, they are making some changes and it looks like a new play structure will be implemented. It happened 5 minutes before I arrived to pick her up, Emma was so shaken she couldn't communicate.. I immediately packed her in her carseat and drove her to our Children's Hospital ER, where we spent the next 6 hours getting xrays, a CT, etc. Fortunately no damage to the bones.

Emma spent a week in a neck collar- and is rapidly recovering. But it will take her longer to feel secure again. Our old nemesis, separation anxiety, is back.. We will get past this in time again, on her schedule.

4 comments:

A day in the life of the little sister from China. said...

Glad to hear there was no bone damage. Sure hope she recovers quickly from the seperation anxiety.

Lori Porter

Lee Anne Bryant said...

OH my!!! I'm so glad to hear it wasn't any worse. How scary for you both!

Christi and Abbey said...

Oh my goodness, makes me want to be more careful with the kids I'm watching! So glad she's okay.
The pictures of your summer are stunning. The top one of Emma and the bottom one of the two of you in a cave are both like magazine covers. Really the cave photo is one of the coolest I've ever seen. You should check out my friend at www.jeffmitchum.com
He does great nature stuff.
Hope Emma is back to herself soon.

Paulette said...

So glad she is ok and it will only take time to get her confidence back. Thanks for the email I would love to chat with you more about it.