Monday, April 30, 2007

Tidepooling and hiking



Just a few pics- Jerry and Michele came with us for some local tidepooling, on one of the low summer tides. We saw all kinds of anenomes, flame red sea cucumbers, large starfish, and a seastar. Emma mostly loved just being on the beach, or at water's edge, digging and playing with seaweed.

We've gotten out hiking a bit (well, I hike and Emma gets carried, or Emma happily meanders and we move at a rather erratic pace)... I love it that she's learning words like moss, fern, stream, and trail, experiencing the (unnerving to her) racket of a woodpecker, and calling my attention to faces she sees in the trees and rocks.

Emma and I have been together for six months now... Meg Ryan, who adopted her daughter Daisy from China in Jan06, recently said in a Redbook interview "I am convinced, completely convinced, that there was nothing random about the adoption, she is the daughter I should (ie was meant to) have." I feel exactly the same way.

2 comments:

Lee Anne Bryant said...

I'm just loving your update and so glad you have such wonderful and interesting outdoor spaces to explore together!

Ivy Shaffer said...

I am so glad I stopped by to read your blog. Emma is a darling and Meg Ryan is right! Your daughter found you.

Thanks for the uplifting comments.

Ivy