Tuesday, February 13, 2007

Emma (finally) sleeps

What happened to the golden night-time routine of the past few weeks?? A few books, sweet kisses and "goodnight Emma" followed by a return of "goodnight Mama", and I'd leave the room. A distant memory. Almost a week ago, on the last page of "Goodnight Moon", a sleepy Emma wriggled off the rocking chair and visibly shook herself awake. And proceeded to be a wired child til 11:30- with some variation on this for the next few nights. I tried everything... and the only way she'll let herself fall asleep before total exhaustion is in the stroller. So stroller it is, twice a day- for naps, and at bedtime. Truth is, this works for both of us- Emma always jumps at the chance to be in the stroller, and I'm enjoying the evening walk/jog!!

2 comments:

Lee Anne Bryant said...

I enjoy your updates so much. We too love our backpack! It's so much easier than a stroller in many places. Emma has such a sweet face, but then I think they all do! :-)

Calico Sky said...

She is so beautiful. Poor you re sleep!!!
Every time I find another new adoption blog, I remember just how wonderful adoption is.