Tuesday, January 30, 2007

Three months ago today

Three months today, since Emma was placed in my arms. Hard to believe, it feels like we've been together for so much longer. I'm so proud of Emma- with so many changes, she has responded with resilience and intelligence and a willingness to again laugh and love and trust. I know this little girl was also loved by her foster parents, by how she in turn has loved... I am certain they are missing her hugely. Tonight Emma and I went to a neighborhood Chinese restaurant and both devoured a huge plate of bok choy, tofu, and mushrooms.

Photos are miscellaneous from the past few days- love the sleepy bedhead shot, taken just after waking up this morning. Michelle (still Ayi to Emma, or 'Auntie' in Mandarin) started what I hope will be a tradition of getting Emma into some crazy sporting venture, and got her on a scooter- missing is the image of them riding together at a rather good clip, Emma holding on tight.. and after, always asking for yet one more ride.

I also added a few photos to the "gotcha day" entry in October- they were from the backup camera, and I only recently discovered them... they catch the feelings of that day well I think.



1 comment:

Christi and Abbey said...

love her scooter pic!

we have the same Elmo phone, it's the first toy I bought for Abbey

Glad to see you all doing so well : 0